Welcome Aboard

It all started with the question,
" What are you going to be when you grow up, son ? "

Well back then, every kids have a little answer of their own, either doctor or teacher, either policeman or firefighter. It'd never been different for me, I always admire my father, who was a commando.

But it all came to a turning point, where my eyes set to a total different thing. My father once took me to the AirForce Base and Museum, and that was the 1st time I saw an aircraft in close range, I still remember climbing up into the cockpit of a fighter jet, and feel how would it be, as an aviator, a pilot. Since then, I set a goal in my life, to become a pilot, one who able to navigate and control the remarkable invention of humankind, the flying machine.




Perks and perquisites never out of the sight of those who wanted to become a pilot, to me the interest and desire always count 1st, and my passion for flying is even greater.

Well this is a tad of my current chapter. I've been selected as a cadet pilot of AirAsia through the March 2009 intake. Approximately 1200 applicants were evaluated and examed closely for this intake and in the end of the day, here we are, the 12 of us, holding this opportunity to further prove ourselves. Lucky us, AirAsia is sending us to Australia Gold Coast, for the training in Australian Wings Academy, a well established and leading flying school in Australia for the 1st time.

A long journey starts with a single step, and I can assure you that the 1st step is always the biggest, hardest and toughest. After all those struggles and hurdles, I feel blessed that I've been given such a great opportunity to pursue my dream. Most thanks goes to all those who helped and inspired me, especially to AirAsia, now EVERYONE can fly.






Believe it or not, albeit the demand of pilot is parallel to the growth of aviation and airline industries, the process to become a pilot is not easy, worse if you could not afford yourself. Nevertheless, there are a lot of aspirants who willing to give anything to become pilot, who are trying with burning desire, who are seeking for more helps and guidance. So this is the main reason of this blog, a place to clear doubts, and a closer look into the life of a sun- shine pilot, to an admirable captains. So tune up for more updates and information.

This is the beginning of my journey to the sky. Let's break a wing and rock the sky ! ; )

*PS : check out my shortlisted blog post for the "So you wanna be a pilot" blog contest, in AirAsia Blog. : )
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Nice one. =]
    I'm d 1st one ever to comment. Bwahaha
    Hope ur blog get more famous thn mine la. =D


  2. Hope?! it's definitely yes mate! ; )


Post a Comment